9/4: Sub-lesson: Caffeine
- Using the article Caffeine: The World's Addiction answer the following questions.
- Many chemicals have a variety of uses. What were some of the uses for caffeine was used by plants?
- What are the effects of caffeine on the body? How long after ingesting caffeine do the effects start on your body?
- Where is caffeine broken down in the body? How long does it take?
- How much caffeine does a 12-oz can of pop have? What is the lethal dose?
- Caffeine is an alkaloid. What are some examples of other alkaloids?
- Why isn't caffeine considered a drug of abuse?
8/24: Chapter 2: Properties of Matter Vocabulary
- Extensive property
- Intensive property
- Physical property
- Physical change